My Holiday Watch List

Everyone has one.  There are certain shows that you love to watch every December.  Once November hits, you can’t wait to watch.  You have yours.  Here’s mine:

1) The Thin Man – this movie has one of the best comedic lines outside of a Marx Brothers’ movie:
     Nick: I'm a hero. I was shot twice in the Tribune.
     Nora: I read where you were shot 5 times in the tabloids.
     Nick: It's not true. He didn't come anywhere near my tabloids.

2) Scrooged – don’t get me wrong; I love a good ghost story at Christmas.  However, I’m not a fan of the whole Victorian look.  Plus, this show has some the best actors in it.

3) My Holiday Watch List – you’ve haven’t heard of this movie probably.  You should have.  It’s on Netflix.  Go watch it right now.
     Lloyd: You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas, Mom? A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.

4) Die Hard – do I need to say anything more than, "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho"?

5) Trading Places – what other top-grossing comedy movie has a U.S. Senator in it?

6) Community: Abed’s Uncontrollable Christmas – while you may not be a fan of Community (though I don’t understand how you’re not), this is the only Christmas episode from any of my very many favorite television shows to make the list.  There’s a reason for that.  It is exceptional.

7) Olive the Other Reindeer – every year, it becomes harder and harder to find this lovely cartoon broadcasted.  I love it.  Where else are you going to see Joey Pants as a penguin?

8) Iron Man 3 – it’s an Iron Man movie.  It’s the third Iron Man movie.  Tony blows up bad guys with Christmas ornaments.  Do I need to say anymore?

9) Prep & Landing – I love both specials from Pixar.

10) Nightmare Before Christmas – I tend to save it for Christmas, but I will watch it for Halloween sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts