Welcome back

I haven't posted in a while.  Six months, give or take a week or two.  I had a personal crisis, having to do with a black-mailing landlord, purchasing a condo and the First-time Home-buyer program.  After recovery, I experienced an existential crisis concerning my writing; more to the point, I had a problem with a criteria item outlined by writers' I respect on success.

Rule One:  read.  Rule Two:  write.  Rule Three: have circle of writing friends.

Rule One and Two are not a problem, though I struggle with unearthing enough time to write.  Rule Three is a problem. It's me, I know.  I'm the problem. I don't get along with people.  And seemingly, through enough trial and error over the years, I don't get along with writers especially.

So, if I can't do Rule Three, where does that leave me?

I decided to find out.  Instead of continually trying to find a circle of writers, I am giving up on Rule Three and focusing on Rule One and Rule Two.  Will I be successful?  Have I doomed myself to failure?

I will find out.  Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. I don't have a writing circle either.

    *hugs you*

    Hope things have settled down now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are, as much as they can in the summer. :-) We'll just be two circleless writers. It'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts