Today's word count

Writing Time: 8:39 am until 10:41 am
Word Count: 2448 words
Feeling:  Accomplished.  The guilt and sickness over being way too tired to write the last three days has been absolved in my writing date with Keiti.  Despite two work calls and a minor side-track into checking the exchange server in my location, I managed to make up my word count and then some.  Luckily, I was at a point in the novel where I liked the dialogue from my earlier version, so I wasn't creating from scratch for everything.  However, it is a good scene and fun to write, interjecting the dialogue from my previous version.  It was a big action sequence, so those are always fun.

Quote:
"Hello, Eligos."  The voice sounded more like a sneeze.  It came from the other room.  After I climbed to my feet, I walked towards it.

"No, you are not Eligos.  Not yet.  What does he call you, boy?"  It could have been the shock skewing my vision.  I stared at a refugee from the Island of Doctor Moreau.  I couldn't tell if it was the whiskers on his cat face or the forked tongue that caused the hiss from between his fangs. His golden fur rippled in the candlelight. He had leopard spots from his face, over his shoulders and down his arms.  His eyes burned fire - literally.  Flames out of the eye sockets. He wore black sweat pants and black fingerless gloves.  Apparently, it was 80s Night in Hell.

"He doesn't use my name."  On baser instinct, I stood perfectly still as I watched him lick the blood from his paw.

Comments

Popular Posts