Tonight's Panera Word Count

Writing Time: 7:25 pm until 8:53 pm
Word Count: 983 words
Feeling:  I am a bad friend and a bad writing group person.  My friend Keiti arranged last Sunday to meet and write tonight.  I scheduled an appointment in my personal calendar so I wouldn't forget.  My phone would chirp and I would pack up to meet.  Only tonight, when I came home from paycheck job, I tossed my phone the bed and forgot it.  My phone chirped. I  didn't hear it.  Luckily, she tracked me down on FB to remind me. I was only thirty-three minutes late.  I managed to finish the first scene in Chapter six.  I am pleased with this part:

“What is your problem with prom?” 
My first thought was of all rants she had made in years past about how “lame” and “inane” prom was.  Only sheep and mindless idiots dressed in ridiculously expensive outfits, only fit to be worn to an age-old, tired tradition, danced to a DJ that would know good music if it came up and bit him in the ass and showed off for individuals they wouldn’t even know or care about in five years’ time.

My favorite rant was how any girl in this day and age would want to be asked to prom.  It’s demeaning and demoralizing to her delicate feminine sensibilities.  If she wanted to go to prom, she would ask the guy herself – not that she would ever want to go to prom.  It was stupid and poopy.

Comments

Popular Posts